Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Canvas!!

As some may come to realize, I love my river! The North Saskatchewan flows by the city I live and about 20 miles out, joins up with the South Saskatchewan. It is one of my favorite places to spend a day exploring the banks. I am thankful that my daughter loves to do the same. It is nice having someone to share a "find" with.

















The park by my house is so beautiful in any season. It is a favorite place to take a walk with the dogs. Mystic loves to play in the leaves and Daisy has her nose permanently fixed to the ground. I feel I am very lucky to live where I do. Um...please remind me of this post when there is 4 ft of snow on the ground and I have just come in from shovelling for an hour at -45C. LOL
I wish the rest of Canada a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to walk in the river valley too, but I'm a few km upstream from you in Edmonton. At this time of year it is especially beautiful when the leaves have turned colours, and the wind has not yet blown them all off the trees. I like the reflections of their silhouettes in the water, and the crunch of leaves under my feet.

Amy said...

Hi there - I just found your blog through Blotanical while looking for some other northern Canadian bloggers.

My husband applied for a job once in Prince Albert - we thought it looked like a beautiful place to live!

You're just a little bit further north than me. I'm in the interior of BC.