Thursday, May 22, 2008

Excuse my spelling....


It was pointed out to me that I made a mistake in spelling. But in my defense...I remember being told by various teachers that as I make my way through life, the best tool I can have is a dictionary! LOL. I stand corrected...it is "sweet pea"...not "sweat pea". But if you really think about it. The person who does grow a "sweat pea" could be rich! Think of the sales to disgruntled employees who want to send home grown flowers to their bosses!!! But...I believe I will just stick with the "sweet pea"...and my pocket dictionary!

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Oh my goodness .. another fellow Canadian gardener who needs their dictionary AND "spell check" close at hand .. thank you for the giggles here .. I loved that "sweat pea" explanation .. and I have used spell check twice here at least ! LOL
Joy

Laura said...

I think I was the one who pointed that out- I am soooo sorry about that! I have always been a stickler about spelling; usually I overlook it, but I think that day I was just trying to be funny about the smell of a "Sweat Pea" vs. "Sweet Pea"

I hope there's no hard feelings!